A vibrant versatile performer, Nicole has been privileged to be working professionally since she was 5 years old. At the age of eleven, Nicole left Edmonton, Alberta, for the National Ballet School in Toronto, Ontario. While gaining success as a dancer, Nicole fell in love with acting and singing, broadening her talents and graduating with honors from Sheridan College for Musical Theatre. Working in NYC, Nicole expanded her focus to embrace the voice over industry – NP Voiceover. Having an extensive skill set, Nicole’s work spans a variety of mediums such as: stage, film, television, new media, VR/360, videogames, print, audio dramas, podcasts, and voice over.
Nicole’s passion for sharing stories from different perspectives and mediums has shaped her career as a multi-award winning, multi-hyphenate artist both in front and behind the scenes. From starring in the National Ballet of Canada’s “The Nutcracker” as Marie, to the writer and lead actor in the AT&T NYC Best Use of Emerging Technology Winning VR/360 film “Agent X: A 360 Experience”, to being a Voice Arts Award nominee (other nominees include Kate Winslet, Katy Perry, and Lena Dunham), to the producer, writer, and star of the Grand Prize Remi Award Winning – Best in Show – short film “The Choice”, Nicole’s diverse background allows her to embrace and create unique work. She is fortunate to work both in Canada and the USA.
The fortunate recipient of several Awards, Nicole recently won the top award – the Grand Prize Remi Award – Best In Show – at WorldFest Houston International Film Festival – the oldest independent film festival in the world. Fellow past Remi Award Winners include: Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Ang Lee, David Lynch, Ridley Scott, The Coen Brothers, and many more! Nicole Wrote, Produced, and Stars in this Award Winning short film “The Choice”.
Nicole has also won the AT&T Award for “Best Use of Emerging Technology” in the New York City Create-a-thon. Nicole Co-Wrote and Starred in this immersive film: Agent X: A 360 Experience.
Nicole has been nominated for a prestigious Voice Arts Award (VAA) in the Outstanding Local Television Commercial category. Much like the Oscars are to the film industry the VAAs are for the voice over industry; acknowledging extraordinary worldwide talent, skill, and artistry in voice over acting. Nominees in other categories include Kate Winslet, Lena Dunham, Katy Perry, Mindy Kaling, Jon Ham, Joe Cipriano, Anthony Mendez and entries from CNN, Disney, Pepsi, NBC Sports, ABC Entertainment, Comedy Central, Oxygen Network, NBA on TNT, and FOX.
Extensive Skill Set Highlights
- Lead Actor and nominated for a Voice Arts Award for her work in the nationally aired Turnseal Commercial
- Lead Voice-Over, Writer, and Actor in the AT&T Award Winning VR/360 video – “Agent X: A 360 Experience”
- Producer, Writer, and Lead Actor of the Grand Remi Award Winning short film “The Choice”, currently in the festival circuit
- Creator, Producer, & Lead Actor, of the NYC Pilot “Wants & Needs”
- Producer and Host of the international show “Itoc Flicks” on Agape Greek Radio and Itoc Media
- Lead Actor in the Original NYC Theatre production of The Gray Area Live at the Gene Frankel Theatre in NYC
- Head of Voice-Over, Voice-Over Director, Writer, and Choreographer for the innovative Ballet based videogame “iGiselle” (Microsoft Kinect)
- Lead Actor in the Parsec Award winning drama – “The Gray Area”
- Lead Actor & Singer in the Musical Short Film “The Blood Orange”, currently in post-production
- Host of Animation Nights New York Animator Interviews on iTunes, Spotify, Animation for Adults, Acast, ANNY website, Stitcher, and featured at the ANNY monthly screening events
- On-Camera Host and interviewer for several screenings and events at GIFFT (Greek International Film Festival of Toronto) in The Regent Theatre (Toronto) and streamed online
- Appearing in Bioware’s multiple award winning and record breaking videogame “Dragon Age II”
- Lead Singer for Tourism Yukon theme song
- Lead Actor, Touchstone, in a gender bending production of Shakespeare’s “As You Like It”
- Lead Actor, Anita (u/s) & Francisca, in “West Side Story”
- The lead, Marie, in the original cast of The National Ballet of Canada’s current “Nutcracker”
- Starring as the Crane Guide in Caron Eule’s critically acclaimed work “the Crane’s Wife” in NYC’s historic Pier 66
Nicole has been extremely fortunate to work with the most prestigious people in the acting, singing, dancing, and voice-over industry; including Patsy Rodenburg, Pat Fraley, Jean-Louis Rodrigue, Joan Baker, Rudy Gaskins, Susan Eichhorn Young, Marrianne Challis, Doriane Elliot, Janine Ditullio, Shelly Shenoy, Tim Phillips, and Nadette Stasa. Including study with: HB Studio, UCB (Upright Citizens Brigade), The PIT (People’s Improv Theatre), Kimball Studio, and Caryn West. She shares her expertise by teaching and continues to expand as an artist.
Nicole is the recipient of multiple Grants through the Alberta Foundation For The Arts, The Winspear Foundation, ACTRA, & the Alberta Government.
Currently Working On Highlights
(Some of Nicole’s exciting upcoming projects can’t be disclosed yet, so keep checking in to see what those hush hush projects are!)
She is a Director for the International Game Developers Association – NYC
Nicole is the Director, Writer, Lyricist, Producer, Choreographer, and Star of a series of short film musicals inspired by Tom Lehrer’s satirical song “Poisoning Pigeons In The Park”. The production is influenced by the large grandiose staging and choreography of the iconic classical film musicals like “Singin’ In The Rain”, and the first short film of the series features dancers, cross-country skiers, snowmen, and more! This whimsical musical project is currently in pre-production.
She the Writer, Producer, and Star of the short film “The Choice”, currently in the festival circuit
Nicole is working with Animation Nights New York (ANNY) developing their ANNY Exchange program
She is working as the Lead Performer for an Early Childhood Dance and Music Teaching Manual where she gets to sing over 200 songs and bring to life over 200 poems. Nicole is also the Vocal Director, Voice-Over Director, & Children’s Vocal and Voice-Over Coach of this project. Additionally, she is collaborating with the creator and writer of this manual on the Poems and Song arrangements.
Nicole is also currently developing an exciting and innovative Virtual Reality / 360 Video Project exploring musical theatre, dance, acting, and divergent stories melding together in one united piece.